Mellerstain – one of Scotland’s finest stately homes
House & Gardens closed Saturday 23 July 2016 – see Visitor Info
Discover the story of Mellerstain and experience one of Scotland’s finest stately homes.
Located in the heart of the Scottish Borders, Mellerstain is a unique example of Adam design, presenting a complete picture as it would have been some 240 years ago.
• Admire the perfection of William & Robert Adam design
• Enjoy the fine art (Aikman, Gainsborough, Ramsay, van Dyck) , ceramic, embroidery & furniture collections
• Explore the acres of parkland, gardens, lakeside & woodland walks
• Relax while the kids have fun in the playground
• Treat yourself in the Coffee Shop
• Holiday in our self-catering cottages
• Approx 20 mins from Melrose & Kelso/1 hour from Edinburgh & Berwick-upon-Tweed
Don’t miss this year’s exhibition ‘In Stately Silence’ by artist Duncan Tattersall – contemporary art and historic artefacts exploring 46 derelict Scottish mansions. Click here for further details.