2017 Visitor Information
VISITOR OPENING TIMES
Open: Easter Weekend – Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday
Open: 28 April to 25 September – Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday
House: 12.30pm – 5pm (last entry 4.15pm)
Gardens: 11.00am – 5pm (dog friendly on leads)
The Coffee Shop: 11.00am – 4.30pm (light lunches & bakes)
House & Garden: £8.50 adult/ £4 child/ under 5’s free.
Gardens only: £5 adult/ £2.50 child/ under 5’s free.
Season Ticket: £10 adult/ £4 child/ £25 family (2 adults, up to 3 children)
(entrance to house & gardens during official opening).
HHA & ASVA membership accepted.
National Art Pass membership accepted (25% discount on ‘House & Gardens’ ticket).
• Free onsite parking for vehicles & coaches.
• Outdoor shoes recommended when exploring the grounds & gardens.
• Dogs on leads in the gardens & grounds, guide dogs only in the house.
• No photography/ cameras in the house.
• Groups & guided tours are welcome by prior arrangement.
• Partially suitable for visitors with limited mobility.
• Accessible parking and/ or drop-off point at the Main Reception.
• Manual wheelchair access to the main floor of the house (no lifts within the house).
• Accessible WC facility located in the Courtyard.
• Limited access to the gardens & grounds – gravel pathways and grass.
• Please don’t hesitate to contact us in advance of your visit if you feel it would be useful to discuss specific access requirements.
HOW TO REACH US
The house is signposted on the A6089 Kelso-Gordon road. The approach from the A68 Jedburgh-Edinburgh road is through Earlston on the A6105, then via the B6397 towards Smailholm. Mellerstain is approx. 20 mins drive from Melrose & Kelso/ 1 hour from Edinburgh & Berwick-upon-Tweed. For further details please click here.