Great Days Out in the Scottish Borders
Discover Mellerstain and experience one of Scotland’s finest stately homes.
• Admire the classical perfection of this ‘wonderful Adam house’.
• View the fine art (Aikman, Gainsborough, Ramsay, Van Dyck), embroidery, china and furniture collections.
• Relax in acres of parkland with prize winning gardens and lakeside/ woodland walks.
• Picnic as the children have fun in the playground.
• Enjoy lunch or afternoon tea in the Courtyard Coffee Shop.
• Visit and view our ‘must-see’ Summer Art Exhibition (2015 date tbc).
• Holiday with us in our self-catering cottages.
Available for group tours, weddings, private events by prior appointment.
2015 Visitor Opening
Easter weekend – Friday 3rd to Monday 6th April.
Friday 1st May to Monday 28th Sept – Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Gardens & Coffee Shop: 11.30am – 5pm.
House: 12.30pm – 5pm (last entry 4.15pm).
House & Garden: £8.50 adult/ £4.00 child/ under 5′s free.
Gardens only: £5.00 adult/ £2.50 child/ under 5′s free.
Please purchase tickets on arrival
Coffee Shop from 11.30am.
Reception from 12.30pm.
HHA & ASVA membership accepted.
National Art Pass membership accepted (25% discount on entry).
Guide dogs only in the house/ dogs welcome within the grounds on leads. Outdoor footwear recommended for the grounds and parkland.
No photography or video cameras in the house.
Access is available to the main floor, lower floor and garden terrace. Please note there is limited access to the remaining gardens & grounds. Disabled WC facilities are available on the lower floor and in the Courtyard.