Great Days Out in the Scottish Borders
Come and discover the story of Mellerstain for a day and experience one of Scotland’s finest stately homes.
- Admire the perfection of William and Robert Adam design.
- Enjoy the fine art, embroidery, china and furniture collections.
- Relax within acres of parkland and gardens with lakeside/ woodland walks.
- Picnic under the shade of the trees while the children have fun in the playground.
- Treat yourself to lunch or afternoon tea in the courtyard coffee shop.
- Holiday with us in our cottages.
- Celebrate your wedding day at a truly romantic and exclusive venue.
Open this Easter Weekend (Fri – Mon)
Easter Sunday features the welcome return of the British Driving Society Easter Day Meet from 11am.
Seasonal Opening 2014
2 May to 29 Sept - Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.
Gardens & Coffee Shop: 11.30am – 5pm.
House: 12.30pm – 5pm (last entry 4.15pm).
House & Garden: £8.50 adult/ £4.00 child/ under 5′s free.
Gardens only: £5.00 adult/ £2.50 child/ under 5′s free.
Prior to house opening, garden tickets can be purchased in the Courtyard Coffee Shop. House top-up tickets can be purchased from the main reception from 12.30pm.
HHA, ASVA and National Art Pass accepted on presentation of membership card.
Guided tours are available by prior arrangement.
Guide dogs only in the house/ dogs welcome within the grounds on leads. Outdoor shoes recommended for the grounds.
No photography or video cameras in the house.
Group visits are welcome throughout the year by prior appointment. 2014 reservations now open.
Access is available to the main floor, lower floor and garden terrace. Please note there is limited access to the remaining gardens & grounds. Disabled WC facilities are available on the lower floor and in the Courtyard.