2017 Visitor Information
Open: Easter weekend – Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Open: 28 April to 25 September – Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
House: 12.30pm – 5pm (last entry 4.15pm)
Gardens: 11.00am – 5pm (dog friendly on leads)
Hoebridge Café: 11.00am – 4.30pm (light lunches and home bakes)
House & Garden: £8.50 adult/ £4 child/ under 5’s free.
Gardens only: £5 adult/ £2.50 child/ under 5’s free.
Season Ticket: £10 adult/ £4 child/ £25 family (2 adults, up to 3 children)
HHA & ASVA members welcome
National Art Pass – 25% discount on ‘House & Gardens’ ticket
• Free onsite parking
• Free entry to Hoebridge Café/ ticket entry to House & Gardens
• Outdoor shoes recommended for the grounds & gardens
• Guide dogs only in the house
• No photography/ cameras in the house
• Groups & guided tours welcome by prior arrangement
• Partially suitable for visitors with limited mobility.
• Accessible parking and/ or drop-off point at the Main Reception.
• Manual wheelchair access to the main floor of the house (no lifts within the house).
• Accessible WC facility located in the Courtyard.
• Limited access to the gardens & grounds – gravel pathways and grass.
• Please don’t hesitate to contact us in advance of your visit if you feel it would be useful to discuss specific access requirements.
HOW TO REACH US
The house is signposted on the A6089 Kelso-Gordon road. The approach from the A68 Jedburgh-Edinburgh road is through Earlston on the A6105, then via the B6397 towards Smailholm. Mellerstain is approx. 20 mins drive from Melrose & Kelso/ 1 hour from Edinburgh & Berwick-upon-Tweed. For further details please click here.