Visitor Opening for the House & Gardens
Open days – Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday until 26 September 2016
House: 12.30pm – 5pm (last entry 4.15pm)
Gardens: 11.30am – 5pm (dog friendly on leads in gardens & parkland)
The Coffee Shop: 11.30am – 4.30pm (light lunches & bakes)
House & Garden: £8.50 adult/ £4 child/ under 5’s free.
Gardens only: £5 adult/ £2.50 child/ under 5’s free.
Garden Season Ticket: £10 adult/ £4 child/ £20 family (2 adults, up to 3 children) – valid until 26 Sept.
HHA & ASVA membership accepted.
National Art Pass membership accepted (25% discount on ‘House & Gardens’ ticket).
• Free onsite parking for vehicles & coaches.
• Outdoor shoes recommended when exploring the grounds & gardens.
• Dogs on leads in the gardens & grounds, guide dogs only in the house.
• No photography/ cameras in the house.
• Groups & guided tours are welcome by prior arrangement.
• Partially suitable for visitors with limited mobility.
• Accessible parking and/ or drop-off point at the Main Reception.
• Wheelchair access to the main floor of the house (no lifts within the house).
• Accessible WC facility located in the Courtyard.
• Limited access to the gardens & grounds – gravel pathways and grass.
How To Reach Mellerstain
The house is signposted on the A6089 Kelso-Gordon road. The approach from the A68 Jedburgh-Edinburgh road is through Earlston on the A6105, then via the B6397 towards Smailholm. Mellerstain is approx. 20 mins drive from Melrose & Kelso/ 1 hour from Edinburgh & Berwick-upon-Tweed. For further details please click here.