Great Days Out in the Scottish Borders
Discover the story of Mellerstain and experience one of Scotland’s finest stately homes.
• Admire the classical perfection of this ‘wonderful Adam house’.
• View the fine art (incl paintings by Aikman, Gainsborough, Ramsay, Van Dyck), embroidery, china and furniture collections.
• Relax in acres of parkland with prize winning gardens and lakeside/ woodland walks.
• Picnic as the children have fun in the playground.
• Enjoy lunch or afternoon tea in the Courtyard Coffee Shop.
• Visit and view our ‘must-see’ Summer Art Exhibition (13 July – 29 Sept).
• Stay in our holiday cottages in an idyllic Scottish Borders location.
Available for group tours, weddings, private events by prior appointment.
The house and gardens are now closed for 2014. Our office for all enquiries and bookings is open throughout the year (9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday).
2015 visitor opening:
Easter weekend – Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon
May to the end of Sept – Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon
Gardens & Coffee Shop: 11.30am – 5pm.
House: 12.30pm – 5pm (last entry 4.15pm).
House & Garden: £8.50 adult/ £4.00 child/ under 5′s free.
Gardens only: £5.00 adult/ £2.50 child/ under 5′s free.
Please purchase tickets on arrival.
Coffee Shop from 11.30am.
Reception from 12.30pm.
HHA & ASVA membership accepted.
National Art Pass membership accepted (25% discount on entry).
Guide dogs only in the house/ dogs welcome within the grounds on leads. Outdoor footwear recommended for the grounds and parkland.
No photography or video cameras in the house.
Access is available to the main floor, lower floor and garden terrace. Please note there is limited access to the remaining gardens & grounds. Disabled WC facilities are available on the lower floor and in the Courtyard.